Thursday, January 01, 2015

Happy New Year 2015!!

I wanted to start this blog as a way to highlight what the quilt guild is up to and also all of the crazy projects I'm always up to my ears in.  I have a lot of interests and I need a way to keep track of what I'm doing.  I'm not always good at finishing items so I have waaaay too many UFO's.  I'm also trying to become more organized in my life.  That is a goal for 2015.

Our quilt guild is Evening Star Quilters, Columbus Indiana, we meet the second Tuesday of the month at Mill Race Center starting at 7:00pm.  We try to have demonstrations most months and we always have amazing show and tell.  I love show and tell!!  Talk about "Awesome Items" these ladies have such talent.  We'd love to have you join us.

  This is my yellow, black and white quilt blocks that are now completed and just need binding.  I DO NOT like binding!  I envy people who love that part.  Some of these blocks were made by me and some were traded in Bees.  I'll show you the finished quilt soon.
 This is not the best photo but I collect :aurel Burch fabric.  I love the colors and whimsy.  Laurel Burch passed away a few years ago but the love of her fabric is going strong.

This is the first (short) post of many that I hope to add.  Have a wonderful first day of 2015.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Great first post. Can't wait for more!!